I'm a bread fan. Are you a bread fan?
Sadly, where we live now, many of the breads we were able to get at a moment's notice back in the States are nowhere close to as easy. Same thing with tortilla chips, or anything Mexican, for that matter. No worries, though...I've grown to be somewhat of an expert in the past year at maxing home-made flour tortillas, re-fried beans, and plenty of from-scratch Mexican dishes.
My next project? Sourdough bread. I spent about 4 hours yesterday researching it over at www.sourdough.com. Needless to say, it's a bit of an undertaking, but both Evy and I love sourdough bread (any home-made bread, really), and it's something I'm fairly confidant will keep us supplied year-round once I get the starter going properly.
I'm sure she and I will double-team between our blogs as we get more progress made. I'm going to get a starter batch going next week and see how it goes from there!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment