Or only a few days at most!
Looks like my hard work paid off. I'm moving into my 5th month of word-of-mouth work, and I was offered another decent project that will get my month of May off to a good start. It's hard to say no to work when they offer you such good money :)
So, while I'm not getting to take the time off like I initially planned, I am taking the rest of this week off. On Monday we are going to Metro and I should be picking up a new desk and a chair, as well as going over to a friend's house to grill up some steak strips and make fajitas, and I'm going to make my potato salad as well.
It's very satisfying to have a client be so happy with your work that their response is "hey, we've got three or four rather large projects coming up in the future, so if you want to stay busy, we can definitely keep you that way".
It's hard to work part-time :) People keep sending me work! I've turned down a couple of projects, but I do so enjoy the money, you know what I mean? And considering the fact I've been contemplating buying a laptop this summer (yeah I'm behind the times, but I rarely work outside of the office and when I'm on vacation I'm on vacation...I don't want to be bothered with networking and e-mailing), maybe it's a good thing.
Tomorrow I'm re-subbing two short stories that were rejected, and preparing to jump into my novel work again with the month of May. All these ideas brewing, and they're bubbling over!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment