Another chapter done today in the novel, which means I'm on track for my end-of-the-month personal deadline. I'm actually at 64k right now, and should hit 70k by the end of the month.
Got an SEO project for the rest of the week, and I'm in talks at the moment for a couple of projects for April doing another game guide as well as updating another. As projects roll in I'll continue to look at what I want to work on and which ones I'll pass on (I'm not a starving artist. I do pass on work, and regularly, if I don't feel like the project will match).
May is going to be an exciting month for me. Academagia is going live in May, which means I'll have official writer and editor credits on a computer game title, and my first short story, Medallions of Lashiva is on sale in the May edition of Flashing Swords Press. That's two rather big milestones for an aspiring writer, and not to toot my own horn but I think I've done an admirable job in the last year and a half of making this a reality despite my lack of formal education or previous experience.
On a side note, I've stopped actively looking for freelance work. I've got several clients who are keeping me with steady part-time work, and I'm going to be splitting my time between novel writing and short story writing. My long-term goal at the moment is to see if I can't do one solid short story per month + 3 chapters of novel work (that's around 25k worth of content per month, on top of the 10-15k worth of freelance work I do), although April may be heavy for me as one of the projects I'm in talks about is estimated to be around 25-30k, which means a pretty heavy writing load for that month.
In any case, I enjoy creative writing far more than freelancing, but I also enjoy money soooo, to that end, I'll keep working 15-20 hours a week on actual "work", and spending the rest of my time focusing on getting this novel done and more short stories completed and making the rounds for eventual sale.
Hope this reading finds things in your life going as splendidly as they are in mine. Cheers!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment