For the past couple of years I was using MySpace and Facebook for my social networking needs. Mostly I use them to keep up-to-date with my friends back in the States, as well as family members. But as blogging begins to become more and more important in terms of additional proof to potential clients as to your writing abilities, I decided it was time to graduate to a more "professional" blogging area outside of MySpace/Facebook.
Ok ok, mostly it was my wife pressuring me to make a more "professional" blog. But she's right. It just makes more business sense.
I think the best thing about blogging for yourself (for the pure fun of it) is it allows you to showcase your wide array of interests, as well as give potential clients the chance to see the real you. The you who isn't edited professionally, or sent through Copyscape. This is the you who bleeds onto paper the random thoughts of the day.
I've enjoyed blogging for quite some time, but it's always been for personal reasons. For friends and family. But as I expand my network of clients, I believe that personal blogs are a necessity and not simply for fun...but because they help people see and understand more about you, even if they will never meet you face to face. And that's important for generating trust between clients/clientele.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment