Friday, August 7, 2009

random blurb II

I haven't really paid attention to the "success" of my work so far above and beyond the fact that I'm getting a nice paycheck every month that is allowing Evy and I to live out our dreams.

Couple of days back I was on Twitter, and I happened to be scanning Tweets from some of my followers when I noticed that someone said they were reading one of my articles over at so-and-so's website. I was intrigued, so I followed the link.

I was surprised to find a 2 page topic that included a link to my original article and a series of responses in regards to said article that were all extremely positive, discussing the positive aspects of the piece.

Now, I'm not one to let success go to my head, but I have to admit it was sort of a rush, and definitely an ego boost. I called Evy right away and told her.

I'm debating today whether or not I should go back to that website and create an account just to post and say thanks for the appreciation.

I must be doing something write (ok ok silly play on words!) to be achieving both financial and critical success in terms of appreciation by readers. I honestly can't wait to get my book done and see how it fares in comparison to my non-fiction work, which is really starting to become more than just a paycheck. This is awesome!

Original article can be found here. The discussion I stumbled upon can be found here.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Congratz! I am so happy things are going your way! You had such a tough road for a while there. Keep up the good work and thinking those positive thoughts!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! You should be really proud of yourself and you should DEFINETLY post it on your Blog...

If you get a chance come by my Blog for a visit and say hi. I have put up quite a few new posts and will be putting more up this week from the San Francisco International Gift Fair where my Pillow Collection was featured and Romantic Homes who has featured my Pillows in their beautiful magazine.

Have a great week,
Aimee