What are you grateful for?
I'm grateful for a thriving career. A loving, supportive wife. My abilities as a writer. My friends. The Internet. Technology. My health.
I'm grateful for the opportunity to live a fruitful life.
It's amazing the way your mind changes from the time you are a child to when you are an adult. When you are younger, everything is simple. There are no gray boundaries, there is only black and white. Your inquisitive mind may question the "why" behind things, but you really only begin to understand those "whys" with time and the wisdom of old age. The philosophical begins to make more sense. The signs along the way, which had previously only been muted signals of half-garbled gibberish, are now clear and concise.
I'm grateful for the experiences I've had along the way. They have taught me how to succeed, and how to be the best at what I do. They also taught me how to deal with the problems that arise, and I've learned which ruts are you drive around, and which ones you stick it in 4-wheel-drive and drive over.
I'm grateful for the community aspect of the Internet. I've met some really amazing people in the last few years, through both our MMORPGing and our networking via our separate blogs.
We booked our hotel yesterday. Picked a small place in old-town Nesebar. We'll be out of town for 5 days around the first of September, enjoying a much-needed seaside holiday. Taking the train, rather than driving/taking a bus. Give us a chance to see more of the countryside, and enjoy a (hopefully!) nice, relaxing trip through the Bulgarian country.
Work is going good. Wrapping up a large project today and tomorrow, and I just started another large project for a new client that spans the next couple of months. I'm staying busy, and I love what I do. I look forward to a busy winter, and hopefully enough spare time to actually get my novel draft done by Christmas. I've lost nearly 3 months worth of work due to being too busy as a freelancer. The pull of the paycheck has been greater than the pull of my artistic desires, and I need to make sure I don't lose sight of what it is I set out to accomplish in the first place: transition to full-time novelist. I'm just having so much fun doing what I'm doing now, and making good enough money, that I haven't really felt like I"m losing out, if you catch my drift.
Here's to the latter half of 2009 being as good as the first :)
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment