A few comments buzzing over the recent topics discussed here got me thinking: I should monetize my blog. I haven't yet. I don't get paid for people coming here to read my opinion pieces, or hear me talk about our latest trip, my latest job, the newest article up, or any of the things I post about. I'm beginning to think that it's probably pretty silly of me *not* to monetize my blog. I've mostly kept this blog as a way to keep my friends/family updated, as well as showcase my work to interested parties/peers.
Then again, I'm still relatively new to this writing career and I still have a lot to learn. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)
On a side note, Evy's aunt flew back to Seattle this morning. Was good to see her, and the little sprout of a cousin. We had a huge get-together last night at a restaurant. I met the latest business partner for the family business, a man named Franco from Italy. He is the investor/importer in charge of the Italian products the family business is importing. Olive oil, pasta, tomato sauce, and I think they are finalizing the wine selections at present.
Booking our seaside holiday this weekend. Spent the last couple of weeks finalizing our hotel. We opted for something mid-range this trip, allowing us to spend more on dinners. Will head to the train station this weekend and book our tickets. First class, because I can't stand riding in coach. Not that there's a huge difference, but you do get more privacy, and I won't have to deal with Random_Bulgarian_101 freaking out about "the draft" and keeping the windows closed when it's 40+ degrees C inside. I thought I would die the last time we were on a train here. I was in shorts and a t-shirt sweating my arse off and the lady across from us was bundled up in two sweaters + a coat, and she got up and closed the window. Had to have been at least 35 degrees (C again.)
Had a bout of insomnia last night, and I've been up since 4 a.m. On the plus side I was able to get some extra work done between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m., which left the rest of my afternoon open, which means I'm spending it working on another client's project. Here's to success, and more jobs for everyone in this recession-burdened time for the globe.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment