Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Snippet

Was doing some random browsing the other evening (had some free time, w00t!) looking at various architectural designs for ideas in regards to our house (whenever they finally get the well drilling issues resolved). Keeping in mind that the actual exterior and layout plans have been finalized, there's a lot of interior decorating for Evy and I to do, and we keep our eyes peeled for things we like. Right now the estimate is that we might be moving into the houses in 2012 provided they actually get a start next year, but things have been pushed back once already (we were supposed to be moved in by 2010), so we're just waiting to see. In the meantime the apartment is 100% paid for, so :)

In any case, Evy has a lot of magazines she collects for ideas on furniture and such, and I'm planning on going a lot of stone work and etc. I found this cool website on the Bungalow style house, and I really dig what some of these people have done with their homes.

In any case, the "plan" is to have a good 25-30k by the time the houses are up and running. We have a few cabinet sets planned out, a bedroom set, furniture, and we are also looking at a home theater, fitness room, and various sundries. Plans change, so no idea how it will work out, but that's the idea. Anyway, enjoy the snippet.

1 comment:

Hicks said...

I can't suggest enough the entire idea of a wiring closet with a vent to the outside with a small powered fan.

We've been going back and adding things to our place (mostly cat-5e wiring for 100/1000BaseT Ethernet), and it's a real pain adding stuff after the fact - it takes some good planning (and a decent amount of wireform as you still want access if cables fail without having to tear apart a wall) to retrofit an older house.

You could always go wireless, mind you - but I find I'd rather have the security of knowing that all the hardware is connected in at its top speed (Quality of Service settings on the 3com switch make sure P2P apps don't suck too much bandwidth) with a physical wire rather than depending on wireless and its limitations.