Monday, September 21, 2009

Coming Soon™

  • An actual website.
  • A book on freelancing.
  • The separation of personal and professional.

As my career continues to grow I find the need to distinguish my personal blog posts from my professional blogs posts. I've discussed this in the past, but it's becoming even more prevalent as my business continues to expand. I've gotten to the point where my resume is literally so thick that it's impossible to cover it all in a simple blog, and in order to give clients the opportunity to really explore my credentials as a professional, I need to expand into an actual, full-blown website.

I've also finally taken that nugget of an idea my wife suggested months ago and I'm taking my consultation and advice for freelancers to the next level: a book. Probably an e-book. I can't give away too much on it at this point in time, but suffice to say it will be regarding freelancing in general, and how to be competitive and successful in a global market, based largely upon my own success and the success of a few of my peers and friends. The outline started to go into effect this morning, and my new schedule is as follows:

8-10 is work on the e-book.
10-3 is freelance work.

In the evenings I continue to work on fiction as I find time. I got a good chunk of chapter 12 done yesterday morning.

I think I can have the majority of this e-book done by the end of the month. I've already written most of the content via my blog here, and this morning was spent sifting through my blog posts and creating the outline. Tomorrow will be refining the main points and continuing the outline. I'd like to further edit and refine and flesh out and have a marketable product by the end of October.

I never anticipated having so much success as a freelance writer when I first started out in this career last year. I went into it knowing that I had a talent, and a passion for the work, at least from a fiction perspective, but I never knew that the industry could be this lucrative. I am absolutely thankful to have been blessed with these opportunities, and I am eternally grateful that I have made it as far as I have, as fast as I have. I honestly feel like shouting it from the rooftops some days because that's how passionate I am about this career. It's incredibly invigorating, incredibly rewarding, and incredibly fun.

Also in October/November will be a new blog attached to my website. Again...I'm still in the early phases of planning everything, but I fully anticipate having an entirely new website and blog up by the New Year. I have a ton of energy and I have been finding a lot of reasons to be inspired lately, mostly due to the amazing successes I've been blessed to accomplish. I can't go into details on everything due to NDAs and such, but suffice to say I am swimming in work up to my ears, and the opportunities just keep rolling in. I'm diversifying in a lot of ways, and I've also got a lot of opportunities I'm looking at here, locally, in Bulgaria. Most of those won't begin to go into effect until 2010, and of course are dependent upon other things, but so far everything is looking swell.

In any case, I hope this message finds all of my readers enjoying as much success in their own careers, and I look forward to continuing these little notes from time to time, and making this blog my personal, with the other being aimed at professional blog information.

Cheers!

No comments: